Last November I had ordered a kit from Connecting Threads and stitched up the pattern which was essentially a bunch of flying geese to make a Dutchman's puzzle block. The quilt came together easily and using the fast flying goose method makes good use of time and material.
When I came home at Christmas I dropped them off at Arlene the long arm quilter. When I returned in February I picked the quilt up and put on the binding. It is such a happy and pretty quilt. I can't wait to put it up in my office and give the place some color.
As you can see the double flower pattern is very effective and looks like trapunto. I used a poly batting that is made in Canada and found at Walmart of all places and it works wonderfully. It gives the quilt body and movement while providing enough depth to show off the quilt pattern.