Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hungry Bear

One of the first projects that I decided to work on when I got home at Christmas leave was from a Quiltmaker magazine.  The pattern is by Sonja Callaghan who blogs at Artisania.    She came up with a sweet paper pieced pattern of a polar bear looking in the window.  Perhaps he is after Santa's cookies? 

This was a great pattern to do, in fact I had the it all together in about an hour and a half. It took longer for quilting of course. I did a double layer of warm and white behind the bears body as it wanted to give it a lot of texture. As I did not have any pom poms on hand, I dug into the button jar and found a button off  of a favorite pantsuit I had as a teenager and two glittery buttons from a velvet dress I had in university that became perfect eyes.

Ta Da!


No comments: