Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dr Seuss is back again

pattern from Happy Hour by Atkinson Designs
I have pulled out some scraps of Dr Seuss once more in hopes of using them all up. This time since I had a limited amount, I used a pattern from the book called Happy Hour by Atkinson designs.  This is the third time I have used a pattern out of this book and I am still pleased with how it turns out. 

While the making of these blocks is not hard at all, in fact I had them done in a Saturday afternoon watching James Bond Marathon, this type of block is a good way to use up your stash of scraps or fabric that is lying around.  I find i have to have a few projects on the go, one that is simple piecing and others that are more involved so that when I get bored or frustrated I can jump to something else.

I think I will be using flannel on the back of this quilt and I am kicking myself for not having it with me when I went to the fabric store today, as flannel was $2.88/ meter.  Great deal.  I bought 7 meters of backing that will go wonderfully with my pack of fat quarters from Basic Grey that will be my next project!

No comments: