Saturday, October 6, 2012

October Daze

 Well October has arrived in a flurry of fall leaves and a rush of deadlines. I spent last week outdoors a fair bit enjoying the warm fall days and the colors of the season.  It has been busy and looks like it will be all the way until November.  Despite this I have been plugging away at my quilting projects. 



Well it took a few nights of concentrated sewing to get the top pieced but it is done.  I think the Aviary 2 with complementary colors of solid grey, charcoal, cream and snow look fabulous.  I can’t wait to see what Arlene will do with this when it arrives on her quilting frame.  I think a gold or yellow thread to blend  and maybe a pattern that will enhance the blocks rather than take away from them. 

My favorite block, albeit upside down.lol

No comments: