Friday, September 7, 2012

It's a Cover Up


Back in July I was making covers for espresso makers and tvs.  I’m back at it for September!  I found my little room here at CFB Petawawa is very dusty despite swiffering it every day and keeping the windows closed. Choosing a favorite piece of fabric by Kaffe Facet in pinks, turquoise, purple and lime green, this half meter cut was perfect to make a tv cover and sewing machine cover. 

 

My pattern is simple, just take the measurements, sew right sides together, do a hem and presto.  To jazz things up a bit I added a ball trim that I picked up in Illinois.  I picked up handfuls of the stuff in pink, red and white, 1 yd for .77 ₵ was too good of a deal to pass up and besides Christmas is coming and I go through tons of the stuff making stockings and pillows for gifts.

No comments: