Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I pick YOU!

Sew Mama Sew has a neat contest going right now.  You select 12 fabrics from their site, post them under their title on Pinterest and link it back to them. At the end of the week they draw for the best collection, which they will make into Fat quarters that they will sell in their store and send one to you.  Every week is a new theme which can add to the challenge of creating.  I can see it being a good thing to stretch you out of your comfort zone.  Lets say you are like me and don't like working with a lot of pastels.  Trying to create a pastel layout could be a real challenge to do something different and interesting.
Anyways I have made my collection " Sweet Child of Mine".  Of course the song who uses the same lyrics reminds me of late high school / early university years when I would hear it played at dances. And since it has been well over 20 years since both so I could be talking about sweet child of mine.  If I had gone ahead and gotten married during university, that child, he or she would be into their teens now. 
So keeping that in mind, I have gathered some bold patterns and strong colors for a teenage girl who is a bit edgy and tough and sweet at the same time.  Here is the link take a look and tell me what you think.

No comments: