Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Weeks Projects

In the work room this week I have a few things that I have been up to and I wish to complete. With any luck and managing my time I should be able to get them done and in a state to send off to Arlene the long arm quilter.
Clothing covers
 I need about six more of these dust covers for some of the clothing in my closet. You know those items that you don't wear all the time but want to keep wear ready.  I found at Sew for Home website last week this dust cover pattern.  I find if I cut carefully I can use up some of my 1/2 meter cuts of cotton up. I have a stack of floral fabrics that are really pretty but just are not working with my quilting fabric preferences so this is a good way to use them up.  The photo above is a test cover made from a piece of remnant that I had under my sewing table.
Snowballs
These snowballs are again a way to use up some fabrics that I had bundled. I need to figure out if I need to get some different fabric for the border or if I have enough to make more of a scrappy border to go around.
I also need to decide what UFO project I want to put on my list for February.  Now that I got my bee block done for Feb for joy- do. good stitches I have some time to plan what I want to do for mine that comes up in April.  Guess I have some time to play!
So guess what I started?  The Tokyo Subway quilt by Elizabeth at Oh Fransson.  So far I have one block done and the second laid out and ready to stitch together.  I am hoping that if I can do one a night I should have it together in by the end of the month.  I also have to leave time to work on some UFO's too.  Not sure which one should be taking priority but I am hoping something in the work room will speak to me.  

No comments: