Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I spy with my little eye

a cherry tree blooming.  Yeah.  Can you imagine?  I was out at lunch time, stopped at a light and turned my head and saw this pop of pink against a house.  And wouldn't you know it I saw a cherry tree beside a house blooming.  What a wonderful sign of spring and hope.  At least to me. 
Its getting pretty close to the time of year that we do the flower count here on the coast and I find that I can't wait for that explosion of color.
The other thing that I found while driving home this time, was a bit of humor.  Let me give you the wider picture.  All day, from 0715 until 1500 I saw a rush on folks who had experienced death or serious illness in their family and needed to get home.  After dealing with so much sadness I needed some humor to close the day.  Thank God for working in wild ways to give it to me. So I am driving home, behind this stinky older station wagon, who happens to have a little sticker on their car.  It says:  I used up all my sick days so I called in dead.  

Okay a bit morbid but it suited my day.  It also reminded me a something I found in Pintrest that  said: Old people at weddings always poke at me and say, "Your next." So I started saying the same thing to them at funerals.  
While I never would do this to someone, as a clergy person I have had the first bit happen to me so often. But the latter is so tempting to think about doing, if you had enough nerve to do that to someone. 
Have a lovely day with hopeful signs, color and humor.

No comments: