Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day One of 365

Today is day one of a year of days.  I don't know about you, but I like the promise that a new year brings. Kind of like an author starting a new book, a lot of pages to fill, perhaps a bit of trepidation about what twists and turns may lay ahead in the plot. 
I spent the day doing some house cleaning, mostly in my sewing space and working on projects that I wanted to get off my UFO list.  Did I mention that some of my UFO projects are from 2000?  The shame of it.  So to get out of the hall of shame, I thought I would make a to do list and hold my feet to the metaphorical fire. 
I also took some time to think about what goals I would hold myself too.  Last year I had some (that I actually completed) which kind of suprised me when I did a bit of a reckoning of where things stood at the end of the 2011.   
     For 2012 I want to:
  • finish off at least 3 UFO's
  • join a virtual bee
  • get the etsy shop up and running
  • complete two more Single Girl quilts, baby and king size
  • make two garments
My first quilt top of the new year is Dr Seuss Revisited.  I had a bunch of Seuss fabrics left from previous projects that I wanted to use up, so I made a baby quilt.  Here is a picture of one of the blocks that is left over. I will show the finished top later.
Dr Seuss Revisited block

No comments: