Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembrance Day

Remembrance Day has always had great significance to me.  Perhaps its from one Grandma telling stories of  waiting for Grandpa to come back from his tour with the South Alberta Regiment while she worked in a factory punching rivets into a side of a piece of military hardware.
Today I put on my uniform and went down to my local cenotaph with my own retired veteran and spent an hour in the rain, taking some time to remember and recall.  It is a small thing to do.

I offer prayers today for Graham my brother in law currently in Afghanistan, for my colleagues Alan and Jeannine both sailing on various missions happening around the world.  I pray for the family of Master Cpl Greff as they prepare to bury their loved one and offer tribute on this day.  +

No comments: