Thursday, December 9, 2010

Counting down the days

Well it is getting close enough to start counting down the days until Christmas.  That means I have to finish a bit of baking, binding sewing and house cleaning.  We had a fiasco with the steam mop the other day, so washing the floor is the biggest job of the housecleaning that remains to be done.  I think I will have to get down on my hands and knees to do it since the other options beyond the steam mop don't seem to work very well.  Needless to say, I am not too keen on it.  While the marble floor looks good, its a pain in the butt to clean. 
Nut Cracker Quilt made by my Dad
Nut Crackers and Tree at the front entry
I spent some time last night putting out the rest of the Christmas quilts.  Since moving I still have quilts packed up so I needed to do a bit of a reconnaissance to find all of them.  But the search was worth it and they have added a finishing touch to things.  Now if the flower arrangement (s) I have my eyeballs on at Michael's will go on sale for 60% next week like I hope for, I will call it done.  What about you?  Are you ready for Christmas festivities? 

No comments: