Monday, July 14, 2014

Mini Ironman trial

And what a trial it was. We began an hour earlier than normal which messed up my eating schedule but I guess I have to get used to it. We started with a 10 km march just to the beer store and back. Then portage 2 km to the marina, put into the water and canoe out the bouy in the middle of the river and come back, and walk another 3.5 km to the start point.

Me and my shadow, the canoe
 That was what I was suppose to do. I did the 10 km, and another 1.5 with the canoe but that was it.  I got as far a the chapel and got shooting pains and stopped. I don't want to get injured so I am being super careful to not get that way. I staggered back to the canoe rest and put her away for the day.


But this little experience tells me that me and my canoe need to spend a little more time together practicing technique. Good thing that we have time booked for Wednesday!

I followed my little walk with a ice bath at Jenn and Bob's place.  The tub in the shacks while looking clean is a bit dodgy and I don't have the time or energy to wash it after all the exercise.  I had to laugh cause Jenn played Kermit singing Rubber Ducky while I soaked.  So cute.  You know you are sore when the cold bath does not feel so cold but refreshing on the skin!

No comments: