Friday, August 9, 2013

What a Flight

You ever have one of those flights.  The last time I had one of those there was a big snow storm in the East shutting down Pearson which meant everything was backed up.  That day it took a long time to get home. 
Well the other day was like that too.  I left a day or two early to get back to Petawawa and get settled. Unfortunately the plane in Victoria that was to go on to Ottawa sprung a leak.  Yup, jet fuel.  Very stinky and dangerous. 
Calgary airport. Stayed long enough to see clear blue skies go grey and stormy
So we all got off the plane, sat around waiting for a few hours and then got back on the plane stopping at Calgary.  Once there I waited, and waited.  Oh yes I went up to the West Jet lounge which was very nice and quiet for the most part, but the waiting was annoying this time.  Especially when my flight at the other end would mean not only another days charge for parking but also a hotel stay all which would be coming out of my wallet.  If I would have known that this was what was going to happen, I would have asked to be booked on the same flight the next day.  At least it would have been one more day in my own bed. 

But these things happen.  The lesson here, smile and have a lot of books on your Kobo and songs on your ipod!

No comments: