Wednesday, July 31, 2013

JULY JOY BEE BLOCKS

JULY JOY BEE BLOCKS by NavyRev
JULY JOY BEE BLOCKS, a photo by NavyRev on Flickr.

Normally I am johnny on the spot when it comes to getting the bee blocks done. But this month I am slow. A lot of it has to do with I didn't have any green fabric that was interesting or even kid themed as the organizer wanted. This resulted in a trip to the local fabric store in Petawawa with no luck. I then went to one store in Kanata, just outside of Ottawa, and while I found lots of things to drool over, limited kids and uninspired greens.

That was when I decided that I would order online from a few stores and see what would come. You know that sometimes what you see online color wise is not the same in person. But I lucked out and got some nice pieces of fabric that can be used to make these blocks.

I am sure that the organizer will be very glad to get these blocks in the mail and add them to her quilt top. Now the next projects, outdoor cushions for the upper deck, two garment bags, and a plan for my turn next month for the joy bee blocks.

No comments: