Wednesday, October 31, 2012

November at Joy do good stitches


This month I have the opportunity to be selecting the block for one of the online bees, Joy at do.goodstitches. 
I spent a lot of time debating what block to do and if I would have been at home with my stash easily accessible I would have demo’d at least three different blocks before deciding on which one. I almost decided to give every person a different block but considered that it would be too convoluted and too confusing for the group. 

Unfortunately, time and lack of variety of materials mean that I have to limit myself but let me tell you when I go home at Christmas a suitcase is coming back full of fabric so I will not have this problem, I don’t care if I have to pay extra baggage fee! 
But seriously how many clothes do I need to take back home with me.  By the time I get home I will have been away 5 months.  Surely the DH won't mind me wearing skimpy summer clothes around the house? Would he?

Anyways I found myself waffling between 5 blocks. Perhaps the next month I am up to choose, I will get to another one of these blocks. In the end, I have decided that this will be the block that I will be going with for the bee. The photo is from Mama Missa at Flicker    (http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissablom/5983508434/in/gallery-55627809@N05-72157629896438526/

The actual block pattern has come from Quilters Cache, http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CanedSeatBlock.html. I personally think this is a very effective block and would be awesome in a variety of colour ways.  But I have picked blue, off white, and grey.  As I mentioned earlier I did not have time or the materials on hand to do up a sampler until this coming weekend, but in the meantime I want to use the colours from Snow Days Batiks by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda. http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_snow_days_batiks.pdf

Check out the PDF with the fabric colors and patterns.  What a lovely line.  I can’t wait to find it in my local store.  I wonder if they are willing to bring it in for me.  It’s been a while since I have done a star like what they show on the first page.

No comments: