Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It’s been a productive five days in the workroom.  I finished off two quilt tops, have the backing ready and they are waiting to go to Arlene the long arm quilter.  I recently read a blog discussion asking if sending off your quilts for someone else to do was wrong or considered cheating.  Nah.  I find more pleasure in piecing and design than I do in the actual quilting.  I do however quilt smaller pieces that I want heavily detailed. That is fun. 

La Scala is the name of this top, made from Robert Kaufman fat quarter bundle from my LQS, The Cloth Castle. The pattern is called Hopskotch by the Quilt Patch out of Saskatchewan. It went together wonderfully and is easy to make.  


La Scala

   Cowboys and Indians – I had this theme fabric lying around for a while now and thought I better tackle the stack and make it a bit smaller.  Again another quick and easy quilt  great for a present if you need a quick one. I must say as I was working on it I did have some misgivings just because the print was not very politically correct. Hopefully who ever gets it won’t be offended and will just focus more on the colors rather than the Native American saying HOW. (oops sorry no photo as I am short on time to get this post done)

Animals at the Zoo – this has been on my UFO list since last fall when I bought a bag of scraps from my LQS, The Cloth Castle. Since these critters were on a pretty wide field of off white I thought some fussy cutting and improve blocks would be perfect.  I struggled a bit to know what would be a good background, but I am glad I choose this green.  You may not be able to see it in the photo but there is a green dot in the background behind the animal, so it works well. Also to be a bit different I found a meter of green minky fabric in the bargain bin at Fabricland and will use that for backing.  It will be cuddly soft and so CUTE.

In progress:  lets just say a lot.  
Walk thru the woods blocks ( only two more left)
Snowball baby quilt
Light and dark hst

Bee Blocks: Joy – Jolene’s blocks – done 


Binding:  nautical quilt
            Ferris wheel

No comments: