Monday, August 1, 2011

Seattle Fabric

Well we have returned from a whirlwind trip to Seattle.  With my parents coming to visit, we hopped on the Clipper and went from Inner Harbor to Inner Harbor.  It was a great cruise with little wind and the ocean looking all sparkly under the blue sky. 
Fabric from Undercover Quilts
Of course on my list to visit were four things - the Original Starbucks, the quilt store, the Army Navy Surplus Store ( I know that one seems very un-girly and odd) and Macy's.  Lucky me they all were within short walk of each other and I was able to get the first 3 done within an hour of getting off the Clipper. Yeah.  So here is what I got from the quilt store.  I was very good and limited myself to under $30US.   My favorite piece is the grey one with the moon on it- The Ghastlies by Alexander Henry.  Not sure what I will do with it but its pretty cute.  Perhaps a backing for a Halloween quilt.
We also went to the Teatro ZinZanni's for dinner theater. Hail Csaear was the feature and it was hilarious.  It was a good crowd of dinners who embraced the experience and the main character was great at making every one feel welcomed and engaged.  If you get a chance to visit, before the end of August you should try to stop and see this show.

No comments: